|Posted by Adam Canning on May 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM|
You will need to work out ways to break your regular habits that involve smoking ;
* Plan changes in your daily routine to help you adjust to being a non-smoker.For example,driving or walking a different route to work,or planning a new way to unwind after work,can help stop you thinking about your old smoking habits .
* Take all your normal breaks but with a cup of herbal tea or other drink ,nicotine breaks down caffeine so each coffee or tea you have is going to stimulate you more , even try holding your cup in your other hand
* It takes about 15 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it's full after a meal.Instead of using a cigarette to distract yourself from hunger,try sipping on a drink or brush your teeth immediately after meals - this also re-inforces the desire for a clean fresh mouth.
* Try sitting in a different chair to watch TV and try having a shower as soon as you get up, if these are times you usually smoke .
* Avoid challenging occasions where there will be plenty of cigarettes available , particularly if there will also be alcohol around.Try drinking a different type of alcohol of if you know it is a trigger for your cravings.